Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 2/365 - Rhino


Rhino, originally uploaded by Heidi Meintjes.
I really wanted to take a photo for the blog outside today, but we had a storm and we got home quite late. So I chose this photo of a rhino which I took during our trip to the Kruger National Park on 2 January this year.

I really love this animal, I think the rhino is proof that dinosaurs really existed. I cannot understand how people's lust for money can drive them to wipe out these magical animals, it is so sad that my grandchildren would probably never have the chance to see a rhino.

I chose to process this photograph with a texture, it nicely framed the animal and gave it that something special. I am still experimenting with textures but I do love how this one turned out!

No comments:

Subscribe Now:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner